(Side note to Anth: I think you may be my soul mate -- at the very least, we have a lot in common -- because many of my answers are very similar to yours.)
(Another side note: I hate the term "meme." I hate it with a passion and I don't know why. Where did this term come from? Does it stand for something? I just think it's silly.)
8 things I am passionate about:
- My family
- My faith
- Good food
- Good books
- Project Runway
- McDonald's sweet tea
- Getting a good deal (on clothes, food...anything really)
8 books I’ve read and enjoyed:
- Where the Red Fern Grows
- The House of Mirth
- Life of Pi
- the Harry Potter series
- the Twilight series
- The Road
- The Kite Runner
8 words/phrases that I say often:
- "Are you freaking kidding me?"
- "No, YOU!"
- "It's crazy."
- "Bugga bugga bugga BOO!" (Guess who I say that to?)
- "Miiiiss mutha-fucka!" (It's from Sex and the City and it's C's and my standard greeting...I know, I have a potty mouth)
8 things I want to do before I die:
- Go on an African safari
- Live in a villa in Tuscany for a month
- Get my Master's degree
- Write a novel
- Go to cooking school
- Plant an herb garden
- Dance in the rain
- Drive a race car
8 things I’ve learned in my life:
- You've never truly seen the world until you've seen it through a child's eyes.
- This too shall pass.
- Being a mother is the most amazing feeling in the world.
- The housework will still be there tomorrow.
- Only a few friends are lifetime friends, and they are worth cherishing.
- It's so important to keep learning.
- The best moments in life are the little, ordinary ones.
- A marriage needs constant cultivation, but it's so worth it.
8 places I want to see:
- Mt. Kilamanjaro
8 things I currently want/need:
- A kick-ass camera
- A color touch-up for my hair
- A nap
- Comfortable shoes that aren't hellishly expensive
- A new car
- New siding for my house
- A new cell phone
- More time to bake on the weekends
8 people I want to tag:
Gosh, this is embarrassing, but I don't know if 8 people even read this here little blog. So I'm just tagging anyone who does read it and who feels like doing a meme. Have fun!