A few happenings from this week:
- Joe and I did, indeed, have a very nice time on our date last Friday. We had a lovely dinner and, since we lingered too long over our pasta and wine, ended up renting a movie rather than seeing one in the theatre. We watched The Hangover Part II, which I think Joe enjoyed more than I did, since I basically thought it was the same movie all over again, just in a different location. (I did enjoy every single scene Bradley Cooper was in, though, now that I think about it...I’m not sure why that is.)(I KNOW EXACTLY WHY.)
- On Saturday, Joe came down with the same horrible strain of strep I had last month. I have no idea why it took him so long to catch it from me, or if he caught it from someone else, but it was awful. I felt so horrible for him, but he did seem to get over it pretty quickly (much more quickly than I did). Yesterday he did some framework for drywall upstairs, so if he can do hard physical labor like that, I’d say he must be feeling a-okay now.
- I watched Breaking Dawn Part I last weekend with my stepmom and stepsister. It was so horrendously, hilariously awful. We laughed through the entire thing and it was so much fun.
- I spent Valentine’s Day evening with my best friend, watching the trainwreck that is The Bachelor. And it was perfect.
- Yesterday on my way home from work, I got a phone call from my stepmom, and she was hysterical. SHE FOUND POOH, YOU GUYS. Andrew had stuffed him underneath a sheet that was covering one of the couches in the basement. When she went to straighten the sheet yesterday, there was Pooh. Since Andrew has acclimated so nicely to Pooh the Second, I’m going to wrap up the original Pooh and put him away for safekeeping. I’m not going to lie: I totally cried when she told me the happy news.
- Of course, no week would be complete without some pre-bath breakdancing practice:
I unclothe them for their bath, and they run from me. And they promptly do this. BOYS.